Download Avira Antivirus for Windows
Avira Antivirus is a free antivirus that protects user files in real time, automatically blocks malware and pre-installs a browser extension that can fight ads and dangerous sites. The software is available for Windows, MacOS, Android and iOS.
Avira Free Antivirus features and system requirements
Avira Free Antivirus is distributed free of charge and offers the following set of features:
- virus scanner;
- disinfection of infected files;
- work in the background without loading the system;
- block malicious web pages, phishing sites and ads.
Unleashes the potential of Avira Free Antivirus its Pro-version, which, in addition to the above, includes:
- checking files downloaded from the Internet, torrent or cloud storage;
- preliminary verification of documents attached to emails;
- scan USB storage devices for viruses;
- lack of contextual advertising built into the program;
- 24/7 technical support.
The professional version of Avira Free Antivirus 2019 works on a paid subscription, the cost of which depends on the number of devices connected to one account. The following prices apply for 1 device:
- 1 month – 2.95 €;
- 1 year – 23.95 euros;
- 2 years – 41.95 euros;
- 3 years – 55.95 €.
Avira Free Antivirus for Windows will run on systems with the following specifications:
- OS: Windows 7/8 / 8.1 / 10.
- CPU: Supports SSE2 instructions (Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64).
- RAM: 2 GB.
- ROM: 2 GB free space.
- Browser: Compatible with Internet Explorer 8 or equivalent.
- Optional: stable internet connection to automatically download virus database updates.
Installation, interface and usability
After downloading Avira Free Antivirus on your PC, the installation phase follows. You cannot specify the folder for installing the anti-virus, you just agree with the user agreement and wait for the database with information about viruses to download. In parallel, in the default browser, you will receive a message about adding an extension:
- “Avira Password Manager” – scans passwords for logging into sites, synchronizes them between other devices associated with the account.
- “Avira Safe Shopping” – checks sites with online payments for safety, blocks payments on suspicious resources.
They are allowed to connect, disable activation for later or delete. Next, the program window opens, divided into 3 tabs:
- “This computer” – includes a list of active anti-virus systems, about them below.
- “My devices” – displays the devices connected to the account.
- “Licenses” – an offer to switch from the free version of the program to its paid counterpart.
We return to “This computer”, where the main functions of the program are collected:
- “Antivirus” – allows you to update the antivirus database, stop real-time protection, start a quick system scan.
- “Software Updater” – checks the computer for outdated software in order to update it later.
- “Phantom VPN” – Establishes a secure internet connection.
- “System Speedup” – frees up RAM to speed up your PC.
- “Privacy Pal” – protects personal data from hacking and the use of digital traces.
Despite the English-language names, the Russian version of Avira Free Antivirus is installed by default, which allows you to familiarize yourself with the description of each function yourself. In addition to the above, the program offers an additional download of 3 extensions to the browser. These include Password Manager and Safe Shopping, as well as SafeSearch Plus to detect and protect users from phishing sites and check search queries.
Home Guard is listed separately. By installing this add-on, you can scan your home network for connected devices and identify how dangerous they are.
Basically, reviews of Avira Free Antivirus are positive, users note:
- high speed of virus detection;
- user-friendly interface;
- the ability to manually install or remove minor functions;
- running in the background;
- built-in ad blocker and VPN connection.
The disadvantages include:
- no support for Avira Free Antivirus for Windows XP and Vista;
- memory load is observed;
- Antivirus databases are updated in the free version an order of magnitude later than in the paid version.
The project is being developed by the German company Avira GmbH, which entered the market in 1986. Their Avira Free Antivirus is used by over 100 million people worldwide.
You can free download Avira Antivirus for Windows on our website. Anderbot.com - thousands of popular games, apps and the new items. Free Download Avira Antivirus for Windows the latest version for your PC, phone or tablet and use it with pleasure.